Updates from the LTST Directors - May 23, 2023
Dear Seahorse Families,
We are so proud of our swimmers and families - you rocked Time Trials! Here are some updates for the coming week:
Revised Practice Schedule, May 24
As a reminder, we will have a slightly modified schedule on Wednesday, May 24:
- 3:45 - 4:15 PM, 6 & Unders and select 7/8s
- 4:15 - 4:45 PM, remaining 7/8s
- 4:45 - 5:15 PM, 9/10s
- 5:15 - 6:00 PM, 11/12s and 13/14 Boys
- 6:00 - 6:45 PM, 13/14 Girls and 15-18s
Last Chance to Declare
The deadline to declare for this Saturday’s meet, Campo Cabana Club @ LTST, is Wednesday, May 24. Don’t miss your opportunity to swim in this meet!
Splash Party, May 25
Come down to the School’s Out Splash Party on Thursday, May 25 from 1:00 - 3:30 PM. Rocko’s Ice Cream Tacos will be onsite selling ice cream treats and frozen bananas from 1:30-3:30 PM. Bring your $6 cash or be ready to Venmo @ltsttreasurer.
Swim Caps Arriving - Hooray!
The personalized cap order is now due to arrive on Wednesday. We’ll get the caps filed in the ribbon boxes as quickly as possible. If you ordered caps during registration, please check your family file on Wednesday at practice, or Thursday at the Splash Party. Thanks for your patience!
Fundraising - THANK YOU…and some additional FUN
Wow, what an incredible fundraising weekend. Because of all your generosity and enthusiasm, we are well on our way to that new scoreboard. And, there are still more ways to have FUN and raise FUNDS this summer!
- Parent Parties - We have a few spots left in our parent parties. If you missed the chance to sign up at Time Trials, grab a spot HERE and send your Venmo payment to our LTST Treasurer, Marisa Lynn, @LTSTtreasurer. Please note “Parent Party” when you complete the payment.
- Rumble at LT - Join us at the pool the second Sunday of each month this summer (6/11, 7/9, 8/13, 9/10) for a bootcamp style workout hosted by our Burton Valley neighbor, Danielle Freda, who runs the infamous “rumble” boot camps everyone loves. $30per person. 8:30am-9:30am at the pool. Bring a water bottle and towel. Sign Up HERE and Venmo payment to @LTSTtreasurer. Please note the date of class and “rumble” in the comments.
- Got Sneakers? Save them for the Swim Team! We are partnering with a non-profit organization that collects used athletic shoes (in any condition) for a fundraiser. We need both shoes in the pair to get credit. Bring 5 pairs and we’ll throw in a LT Coffee Mug! Place shoes any time, all season, in the large bin near the pool entrance.
First Day of Summer Schedule, May 30
There are lots of fun reasons to come to the first day of Summer Practice on Tuesday, May 30! Make sure you check the Summer Practice Schedule for your swimmer’s timeframe. Remember, regular practice attendance is important - especially on Wednesday meet days.
- Donut Day - Swimmers, come grab a donut and a cup of hot chocolate from the world-famous hot chocolate bar, right after practice on Tuesday! What a way to kick off a fun summer. Thanks to our Spirit Coordinators - Irene Henry, Yola Lerch, and Erin Silva.
- T-Shirt Distribution - If you did not pick up your Swimmer and Parent t-shirts at Time Trials, they will be available for pickup on Tuesday, May 30 from 10am-12pm.
- Spirit Teams Announced - We are Off to the Races! Which Spirit Seahorse will be your swimmer’s mascot? It could be Popportunity, Rock the Block, Underwaterworks, or Take Your Mark!
- Mudskippers and Sea Ponies - Our pre-team programs kick off on Tuesday at 12:20 PM. It is so exciting to welcome future Las Trampas Seahorses to the pool. We are grateful to the current Seahorses age 14+ who do the important work of teaching foundational skills to our little ones! And if you see her, please extend a big thanks to Amy Coombe for coordinating our Mudskipper and Sea Pony programs this year.
Seahorse Day Camp
A few spots still remain available in LT Seahorse Day Camp! Registration is open on the swim team website for swimmers ages 5-10. Campers MUST be swim-safe. We are now opening camp up to Las Trampas members not currently participating in swim team. Register quickly as there are only a few spots left each week. Registration and details can be found HERE. Any questions, please contact Robin Mathers, [email protected]
Thanks for reading. See you at the pool!
Marisa and Dana