2023 Swim Team Overview
April 17 - July 29, 2023
Las Trampas Swim Team is a family oriented, parent supported, non-profit swim team available to the members of Las Trampas Pool. Our team is a member of the Diablo Community Swim League. LTST is a summer recreational program for children and young adults who enjoy improving their swimming skills in a competitive atmosphere. Emphasis is placed on individual improvement, teamwork, team spirit and fun. Our swim team competes against other teams in dual meets, invitational meets, the Diablo Community Swim League championship, and the Contra Costa County Championship meet. Swim Team participation also includes a wide variety of social and spirit events.
In order to participate in the Las Trampas Swim Team, your swimmer must be
- able to swim 25 yards of freestyle without stopping, and without holding onto a parent/coach or lane line
- able to hold the side of the pool and listen attentively to instruction
- a member of Las Trampas Pool (except 15-18 swimmers)
- no older than 18 years as of June 15, 2023
The Head Coach makes the final decision regarding a child's readiness for swim team. If your swimmer does not meet the readiness requirements for swim team, we encourage you to enroll him/her in one of our Pre-Team programs.
Pool membership is required for participation in Swim Team (except for swimmers age 15-18). Information on becoming a Las Trampas Pool member is available on our pool website: www.lastrampaspool.com.
Registration and Fees
- March 1, 2023 at 1:00 PM: Returning LTST families (families who participated in 2022 programs)
- March 5, 2023 at 1:00 PM: Families who are new to LTST programs in 2023, but are returning LT Pool Members
- March 15, 2023: Associate Members of Las Trampas Pool (new pool members as of 2023), if space allows. We will notify Associate Members about program capacity before March 14. UPDATE: We have extended invitations to a limited number of Associate Member Families to join Swim Team this summer. Unfortunately, we are unable to accommodate additional Associate Member families for the 2023 season.
- Registration closes April 13, 2023 at 1:00 PM. A $50 penalty will be assessed for registrations after that time (if program space allows for late registration)
2023 Swim Team Registration Fees: $450 per swimmer. ($50 each for 15-18 age group swimmers). Additional credit card processing fees apply to all charges.
Registration Fee includes:
- 2023 Swim Team t-shirt for all swimmers
- 2023 Parent t-shirt for 2 adults per family
- Pre-Season practices, Summer practices, Social / Spirit events, and splash fees for all non-invitational meets
- Required: LTST team swimsuit. See Apparel information for details about how to order a new suit. Swimmers may wear LTST suits from past seasons.
- LTST personalized swim caps (for swimmers who do not have these from past seasons). Swim caps are REQUIRED for competition.
- Required: Coaches' Lunch, to be provided one time per season by each family. Details are on the Coaches' Lunch page.
- Optional, based on participation: Splash fees for Invitationals
The 2023 Practice Schedule will be finalized after Swim Team Registration concludes.
Please see the Practice Schedules tab for TENTATIVE Pre-Season, Summer and Post-Season practice times.
Please see the Signup Calendar for meets and activities, and SUBSCRIBE to the calendar to stay up to date. Event details will be updated as more information develops.
- Attend practice as much as possible. Daily swim practice is important for swimmers to learn stroke technique and to build strength and stamina, as well as to build rapport with teammates and coaches.
- Twice weekly meets are an important part of swim team. Do your best to swim whatever and whenever you are asked by the coach.
- Check the meet program so you know which events you are swimming.
- Encourage all team members to do their best. Everyone is important to our team and our goal is to help everyone achieve his or her best.
- Older swimmers should set a good example for younger team members.
- Do not destroy or damage members’ items, pool equipment, or facilities at home or away. Inconsiderate or damaging behavior may result in barring swimmer from meets or possible expulsion from the team (without refunds). Never climb or play on pool cover rollers. (Parents of swimmers may be required to attend meets and social event to ensure that these guidelines are respected.)
- HAVE FUN. GO SEAHORSES!
Parent Job requirements / Coaches' Lunch are outlined on the Parent Jobs page.
Families that ONLY have Mudskippers / Sea Ponies, or ONLY have 15-18 swimmers are not required to work Parent Jobs.
Parent Job requirements are subject to change based on the total number of meets and the number of swim team families that register for the season.
Star Job holders do not work standard Parent Jobs, but DO provide Coaches' Lunch and work Invitational Jobs if their children participate in Invitationals. Please refer to the Parent Jobs tab for detailed information.
Enable your child to attend practice and meets on a regular basis.
Set and reinforce expectations with your swimmer: Show respect and attentiveness toward Coaches, and treat swim practice as a learning environment.